Wednesday 10 July 2013

Magical forest art

Revisiting My Magical Forest

When I was little, I used to imagine myself living inside a magical forest. And being an inhabitant of a haunted house for over ten years, I think this magical forest was somewhat different from the kind that most children would imagine. I remember drawing some strange looking animals (like bears with wings or birds with human legs) and my nanny would try to correct me, saying that they looked nothing like the real things. :)

Having this magical forest well kept inside my head until today, I was stunned when I first saw the works of Kathleen Lolley just a few years ago. Her curious looking art describes my "magical forest" as closest as to how I imagined it as a child. It was like reliving my childhood past one long day after another...





Other than her brilliant paintings, she also creates enchanting, intricately made shadow box art...




No comments:

Post a Comment