Friday 14 June 2013

DIY Matryoshka dolls

DIY MATRYOSHKA DOLLS

DIY Matryoshka Doll by Design is Yay!

When I went to Markit@FedSquare in Melbourne, I bought a set of blank Matryoshka Dolls from Blank Goods. If you’re into simple and fun art and craft projects, you should check out Blank. They sell a lot of blank basic goods that you can customise on your own.

DIY Matryoshka Doll by Design is Yay!

Don’t you think they will make a perfect personalised gift for someone? If you’d like to do it on your own, here’s what you need

DIY Matryoshka Doll by Design is Yay!

I used Copic markers because they are the only markers I have in different colours. I wouldn’t say they are the best markers to use for this project. According to the Blank Goods stallholder I talked to at the market, the best way is to use acrylic paints. They also have tried using Stabilo neon markers. Just bear in mind that due to the wood material, the markers will tend to bleed. Oh, and I draw the finelines using Artline fineliners. I forgot to include it in the picture!

DIY Matryoshka Doll by Design is Yay!

Get creative with your Matryoshka dolls!

DIY Matryoshka Doll by Design is Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment